Monday, July 21, 2008

We Need to Name This Thing

I have a scooter. No, a scooter is what makes easy targets in Grand Theft Auto. I do not drive a Faggio.

I drive a moped. But, moped seems more like what I did a work last week.

I drive a silver 2001 Tomos ST 49cc motorcycle.

On average I travel between 48 and 50km/h but if I have the wind at my back and a little help by drafting some traffic, I'm able to hit 60 on flat land. Up the Arther Drive hill I slow down to about 40 just before the top but go beyond the range of my speedometer on the way down. It take me about 20 minutes to get from my driveway to the lunchroom at BC Ferries.

I got the bike from my Uncle who bought it at an MCC Auction. I was there cheering him on when he was bidding, about 4 years ago. It started with 107km and as of now it is at 623km. I've filled it up three times, the most of which was $5.37. O and that is premium by the way. I'm pretty sure the gas tank is three liters with a 0.5 liter backup. I haven't been watching the numbers enough to know the exact gas millage but I know I filled up most recently at 537.7; I'll let you know when it runs out.

I got the bike to get to work, but it has been a lot of fun to drive. My Dad told me that all the ladies would love me as soon as I got it but that's yet to be proven. The reality: this ride is for transportation not procreation.

Saying all this, the most important part of this post is that I need a name for this bike. Right now I'm open to anything. Male, female, onomonpoeia. I've had a few thrown at me already:

Put Put
Hugo
Little Lightning
Amanecer
Raun-na-na-na-na-na-na...
Flat Tire
Coglione

I need some more. I need your help. What do you think I should name it?

3 comments:

Spencer said...

1. The Burninator
2. The Beast
3. Charlie the Unicorn
4. Stormshadow's younger brother "Hubert"

Rabbit said...

How about something noble like,

Solomon
Democritus (it looks like a thinker and it isn't brand new.)
and in that case any philosopher,
Socrates if you think it holds the law over it's own life (since speeding doesn't seem to be an issue that could work)

or perhaps Mortimer.

Iceman said...

When in doubt, go Greek.

Aeolus (Aiolos): god of winds

Alectrona: goddess of morning/waking up

Astraea: goddess of justice

Elpis: goddess of hope, expectation

Erebus: god of darkness, shadow

Metis: goddess of wisdom, thought

Hermes: god of flight, travelers, thieves, commerce

Thanatos: god of death, mortality