I drove Stormshadow today. It was a lot of fun. I had not driven standard for almost the entire summer and it felt really good to push that clutch down again. It was only for a short while, I was going into Vancouver for some shopping, but it brought back some good feelings. It also brought some new ones as I have never had to start on a hill before (good ol' prairies) but it was only Knight Street so it was all good. So much so that I only almost hit two people (at the same time) and I only got lost once on the way home.
The sad part is that might be the last time I drive that beloved truck. I am obviously not using it this year and I probably will not bring it back to Manitoba, if I continue there. I will remember this day fondly but the process had already started the day we had to return to BC plates and were unable to get the "MNM" back.
With the end of one era starts another. I've decided to name my new transportation: Put-put. It might not be as flashy as its mentor but I think it suits the little guy and Raun-na-na-na would have been too much of a mouthful. To me, this one just isn't majestic enough to have the name of a philosopher or a greek god and though I really did like Hugo and Hubert, I for one will call it Put-put.
But maybe that's just a nickname until it names itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment