The Good:
- The clichés: learned a lot, got a new perspective, etc.
- Gained a lot of leadership experience and skills
- Learned to take different roles than I am used to
- Became more comfortable in different social situations (ex. small talk with strangers, large groups)
- Got better at challenging; specifically others
- Made some new friends
- I have a few connections in South Africa
- God became more practical
- Had lots of fun in many different ways
- Maybe a good story or two
The Bad:
- An inescapable community of 37 is too large for me
- I felt stereotyped and boxed in during parts of the year
- Certain issues were consistently talked about but never dealt with
- I did not connect with most people properly
The Ugly:
- Hygiene
Money:
- Spent $426.12 on food and entertainment first semester
- Spent $824.70 on various things in second semester (Approx. Rand 6597.70)
- Total of $1250.82 personal money during Outtatown
No comments:
Post a Comment