I'm in Pretoria. Staying with an Afrikaans family which seem to be quite wealthy. They are very friendly and I'm really enjoying sitting around and chatting with them. We had a ridiculously good lunch today and that was after the swim in their pool. I had a beer out in the 30ish degree weather as the meat cooked. It was a braai for lunch which is a traditional South African BBQ. Awesome.
Earlier today we saw a giraffe which was pretty cool. I'm also enjoying the fact that I wake up at 7 in the morning and I'm ready to go. I'm not sure if that is the heat or the 9:30 bedtimes I've been having. I've burned my nose pretty good and the top of my head feels like it got too much sun but that's a trade I'm willing to take.
Tomorrow morning we are going on something called the gospel train. Apparently it is a group of black commuters who all meet in the same car to sing worship songs and have a service. We have a song prepared and I get to deliver the word. Should be a lot of fun!
I have internet for this week so there might be another update or two but after that it will be when I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment