This is the post that is supposed to answer what I said to Outtatown people on that Thursday evening. I started writing a much better blog earlier but frankly I'm not in the mood to finish it. I've had some problems with the last of my packing and I just really want to get to bed. But, I promised that I would answer it somehow so here is what I'm willing to give you...for now.
I told you that I would not miss you. Frankly, I didn't. I told some funny stories of times we had together and some of your names might be known by some folks here but I'm not dying to get back to you. Don't take that personally because I'm not dying to get to anyone right now. If it makes anyone feels better, I pretty much neglected a lot of my better friends here because I generally needed a break from people over Christmas.
Later today I will see you all again. I'm thinking that the airport is going to be pretty crazy. There is going to be a lot of "how's it going?" and "how was your Christmas?". It's going to get old for me after the second time but I'll do it all 37 times with a smile on my face because that's what you do for your friends. Plus, I do not think people would quite understand if I went to plan B: to make a written FAQ of my last five weeks.
Until we meet again...
1 comment:
have we been upgraded to friends? i'm sure that's a typo.
Post a Comment