Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Family

I was planning on writing a more thoroughly thought out blog post today but it is now 11:32pm and I wanted to at least write something today so that I commit to writing this week. I was thinking about putting out a second edition of my thoughts on this conflict, but then I played RISK instead. And watched park of two movies, and talked about which was better Age of Empires II or Starcraft. Basically I had a fantastic day.

The reason that it was so fantastic was many, but one of the clear reasons is how I have been accepted into my Palestinian family. While I live with five other American guys, I spent quite a bit of time with the director's family. While I still am consistently confused and even frustrated by culture, the hospitality and love that I have been shown is unquestionable. I particularly like the three boys, because I feel like we are brothers. Not only are they very welcoming and physical with me (two points that are encourage by culture) but we have gotten to the point where we can make fun of each other a lot. I have heard more Canadian jokes here than I knew even existed.

No comments: