
When I went to CMU last year the basic simile that I used was that it's like relationships on crack; if that is true then Outtatown is like some high grade speed that even John Travolta couldn't handle. Most of this is because everyone is expecting to be friends with everyone else and it's crazy how good of a motivator that can be. Normally it is seen as strange to say hi to a stranger but you would have to be an outcast to not be able to get to know people on a program like this. I really like that. Makes things a lot easier for me.
The start has been a little different than I expected. I would explain but that would either take too long or you wouldn't know me well enough to understand. But now things are becoming more like I thought they would. I'm starting to get ridiculous and I'm really enjoying getting to know the other people.
We are at a place called Wilderness Edge Retreat center in Pinawa. It is a small town with really tame deer. I tried to get a Google map or earth image of the area but I do not know how to do that on this computer. We were here for the first few days and then we went on a 3 day canoe trip at Manitoba Pioneer Camp (which is in Ontario) and now we are back again. We will be situated here for about two more weeks until we head back to Winnipeg for an Urban Plunge.
Yesterday I got my hair cut by about 12 people. I wanted it shorter and I thought the best people for the job would be the four who had a combined two and a half hair cuts of experience between them. With another eight for moral support and comic relief, the deed was done. I figure it was a community building experience.

Other than that my day consists of meals, sessions, random sports, a game of crib and maybe a movie. O and staying up until 1:30am every night.
No comments:
Post a Comment