Friday, May 22, 2009

How do you pay for it?

Hi. I'd like to purchase some friendship.
Sure. Do you want the standard or deluxe?
Deluxe I guess, but I've never had that one before.
Trust me then, it's worth it.
Okay. So three hugs a week right? Do they still have to be consecutive days?
Excuse me?
That's what I paid last time. Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Right about 2 o'clock. Don't worry I'm good for it.
That's not going to cut it. First, this is the deluxe version for a reason and though it might be a bit steeper you'll see it's worth it in the long run. Second, I think you're thinking about the old management. We don't accept hugs anymore.
You've got to be kidding me. What do you accept?
Kind words. Spontaneous encouragements, love notes, that sort of thing. It's actually really easy and here's the best part. They roll over. So if you give extra one week you can sort of take a week off.
I've been giving hugs all my life. You're telling me that all the work that I've done over the last years to perfectly support someone between my arms is useless. That you don't want my warm embrace.
To tell you the truth, it's actually a bit confining.
But...but I don't know how to spontaneously encourage.
Sorry. Looks like you're just going to have to pass on this model. Maybe you can try the place across the street, but I hear they're more into hanging out.

1 comment:

Rabbit said...

great post. interesting.