Sunday, September 14, 2008

The List + Leadership

This might be the last post for a while so I'm going to try something. I'm actually going to try two things.

First, I'm going to get tough. During the summer I created a list, a list that has a purpose but it was mostly just a bit of fun. Each week was a different theme; each week had a different word. I'm going to redo the list. So, each week I'm going to give a new word or phrase and if you read this blog you have to abide by it. If you don't do this, you have no right to read anything else I write in here. This is week 1.

Week one is the week of new people. I'm going to be meeting about 90 people tomorrow, of which 30 I hope I can become friends with. It's going to be an emotionally draining day. I'm usually okay with meeting about 5 people a month so this is a bit beyond my quota. Luckily, there shouldn't be too many more people to meet after tomorrow, unless they really slept in. Now, you don't have to go out and start streaking with random people to start bonding (but I might) but you have to introduce yourself to 5 people you've never talked to this week. That's about 0.7 of a person per day, very do able. Frankly, I don't care if you live in a cave, because if you have enough ingenuity to get internet you can probably create a midget each day. It might even be a bit low but I'm not a huge fan of meeting strangers so I'm keeping it low, at least for week one.

Second, I want to know your opinion on leadership. Leadership is a large goal of mine for this year. I want you to write in a comment, three traits that you think a leader should have. I don't want you to explain them and you can even leave the comment anonymous. If three is too many then make it two but please leave a comment. I know of at least 6 people who probably check this blog often and I have a strong hunch that a lot more do especially since I have and will advertise it on facebook. Please take a few seconds to think and write. I have a theory and I'd like to test it.

6 comments:

Iceman said...

patience
strength
wisdom

Braeden said...

courage
humility
encouragement

Anonymous said...

A good leader has:

1) the confidence to decide
2) the humility to learn
3) the enthusiasm to inspire

Rabbit said...

confidence
focus (driven)
loyalty (to the followers)

Anonymous said...

A great leader has:
- A solid integity
- Passion and enthusiasm
- A strong desire and belief

Unknown said...

1. Honesty (when the truth hurts is usually when you need to hear the most)

2. Conviction/Confidence (in your decisions and beliefs)