Sunday, October 5, 2008

Kill Girls, Kill Girls, Kill...SO HARD

My average day looks sort of like this:

8:30am - Wake up (shower every second day)
8:45am - Breakfast
9:30am - Session 1 (5 minute break at 10:30)
11:30am - Quiet time
12:30pm - Lunch
1:30pm - Session 2 (5 minute break at 2:30)
3:30pm - Free time
5:00pm - Dinner
7:00pm - Community event
9:00pm - Snack
1:30am to 4:00am - Bedtime

The rest of my time is filled with random things. There are some things that I've been doing differently though. I'm drinking a lot more water, which is giving me a lot more energy. A friend of mine told me this last year but I didn't believe him, but now I do. Usually I want to fall asleep about 16 times during a session but then I just take a drink of water and it tides me over for those next 108 seconds. I'm also eating salad at least once a day. It hasn't gotten me a girlfriend yet but I'm pretty sure most of the girls are impressed. I'm a big fan of the raspberry vinaigrette. Other than that, I'm sort of feeling the media fast I'm on but I do get to see a movie every once in a while. The Transporter was pretty disappointing.
Free time is being filled with quite a few things. We have a copy of Settlers here and I'm 2-2 so far. It's only the original but it's still lots of fun.
I won this one

We also played Risk 2210 and we dressed up like nerds for it. Good times.

Too bad you can't see the socks tucked into my pants

I also made a kite with some other people. We used sticks, duck tape, and a large clear garbage bag. It didn't fly, at all.
The Kite Crew

I've played a lot of cribbage and some poker and rook. The evenings go late supplied by our plethora of assorted hot drinks. The talks are good. We played a game of dodge ball. It was girls verses guys. We had a cheer; it's the title.

We find out our small groups tonight. I'm pretty pumped for that. Things are going to get deeper.


I originally wrote this post a while ago but I didn't have a picture for the risk game. I still don't have a picture but I felt like I should post this anyways. Hopefully there will be a picture eventually.

1 comment:

Rabbit said...

Dude, you must feel like you're on vacation after last year's intellectual activities. I hope you have some supplementary philosophical debates to keep your brain engaged. I'm sure you will/have. You have quite the opportunity man, keep on learning and growing! Peace man.