Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Another boring update blog

You might not have noticed it but I'm home now. I've been home since the 3rd. Don't worry, I haven't been hanging out with other people or even dominating virtual worlds, I've been mostly sleeping, reading and now working.

The first night I was actually home I slept for 12 hours. When I was tired again at 9pm I went to bed at 10 and slept another 11. It was a good first two days. Next I would have gotten my video game on but Xena is still being held captive by my sister. So, I am reduced to reading and sleeping. I probably will hang out with people soon but right now I'm not sure when your exams are and I'm actually really loving a little me time after being with 37 people for the last 3 months.

Two more things.

Over the weekend I went on a mini road trip with my Dad which was really good. We went and visited some family friends up in Summerland. He is a pastor and I got a chance to ask him some questoins about pastoring and ministry. There was one part that I really remember from the conversation. We were talking about the difference between speaking and teaching and he said something I think is quite profound. He said something along the lines of that really good teachers are transpairent and honest because when it comes down to it there is going to be someone smarter or more knowledgeable just a click away on the internet. What makes openness so valuable is because it is something that cannot be transfered from one machine to another. It is the basis for good pastoring. I'll probably try and unpack this in the future.

To Outtatown people: basically the last thing I said to you was that I'm probably not going to miss you over Christmas break. To say that and then to not respond to anyone for a few days is probably not a good idea. Now this isn't a change of heart but I would like to try and explain myself better, just not tonight. Tomorrow I work again for my father at 9am and I wouldn't want to break crewfew.

No comments: